2019 Missions Focus
Looking forward to 2019, with the theme of Courageously RISE in our heart, we have chosen five missions organizations that invest in restoring and empowering women. We are joining together as a network of women to support the efforts of these organizations who are working tirelessly to facilitate the restoration and empowerment of women in great need. Whether it’s substance abuse, addiction, human trafficking – these ministries are reminding women that they are worthy, valued, and loved by their Creator. They bear the image of our God, and He is working to restore them and bring freedom. As the women discover life in Christ and freedom – they are empowered to “courageously rise” embracing the full purpose God has for their lives!
We have committed to raise funds to support one ministry project for each organization, in addition to raising funds for other missions projects and church planting projects! Together, we need to raise $30,000! To learn more about each ministry, click on the ministry name.
As funds allow, other Southern New England missions projects and church planting projects
There are exciting BRAND NEW opportunities to invest in missions through Women of Influence! Our ministry mission is to equip, empower, and encourage women to fulfill their fullest potential in Christ.
Hands on Projects
Continuing with this mission and desiring to be the hands and feet of Jesus, we are excited to announce new opportunities for 2019: Hands-on IMPACT DAYS. We are preparing 3-4 opportunities with our local missions organizations (Teen Challenges and Amirah). We will gather groups of women from local churches throughout the region to serve at each of these fantastic ministries. Watch for more information to come.
Bloom Teen Challenge Project - Painting Residence (April 2019)
Rhode Island Teen Challenge - TBD
Amirah New England - TBD
2018 Missions update
At the 2017 conference, we casted vision to you – local women’s ministries throughout Southern New England – to join together to raise funds for each of our US Missionaries here in Southern New England. In addition, many of our local women’s ministries participated in our first ever adopt-a-missionary program.
We are so excited to share that due to your generosity – we are able to give $1000 to each of our 22 US Missionaries. Their names, pictures, and ministries can be seen at snemn.com/church-development/missions.
What is Love Generously Missions
Love Generously (previously known as Love Line) is the Women of Influence missions efforts in the US and abroad. We work in partnership with the Southern New England Ministry Network. We give financial care and other kinds of support to the following:
1. Foreign and US Missionaries
2. Southern New England Church Planters
3. Southern New England Non-profits and Parachurch Ministries
4. Benevolence Fund for Women in Need (primarily related to event attendance)
5. Administration Fees (percentage each given each year for administration and processing costs)
MONIES ARE RAISED FROM NOVEMBER - NOVEMBER. We announce the new project each year at our annual conference.
Some of our past projects include (but not limited to):
· Southern New England missionaries
· Special projects such as Real Kidz in Boston, MA
· Various Southern New England church plants
· Project Rescue
· Selah Ministries in India
· Sponsoring women, so that they can attend the annual women’s conference
How is the missions focus for the year chosen?
We receive recommendations from the network office, section reps, and the National Women’s Ministries department. Primarily, however, much prayer, thought, and leadership discussion occurs for the final decision. The final decision is approved by the Network Office Leadership.
When is the overall missions focus set?
Women of Influence overall mission’s goals are set by early fall of the prior year, and then announced at the November conference. (For example, 2018’s goal is set in the Fall of 2017 and the goals are announced at the November 2018 conference where pledges are made.)
How are monies raised?
1. Local church women’s groups may collectively make a group pledge (goal of funds raised). They work together through their local church offerings and fundraising events to meet this goal.
2. Individuals desiring to make personal pledges or one-time gifts.
3. One time gifts or sponsorships from various businesses or ministries.
4. Offerings at various district women’s events.